·Use of the information and data contained on this website and on these pages is at your sole risk.
·If you rely on the information on this site you are responsible for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy or completeness.
·The information and data on this site is subject to change without notice.
·International Budo Federation Australia (IBF Australia) may revise this disclaimer at any time by updating this posting.
·IBF Australia and all its instructors, students, and representatives:
1. Make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this site;
2. Make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy or usefulness of any translation of the information on this site or any linked site into another language;
3. Accept no liability for any use of the said information and data or reliance placed on it (including translated information and data);
4. Make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose
5. Make no warranties that the said information and data is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination;
6. Do not sponsor, endorse or necessarily approve of any material on sites linked from or to this site;
7. Do not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on sites linked from or to this site;
·IBF Australia does not allow use of any material/property for the purpose of litigation against the owner or agents.
·IBF Australia does not make any warranties or representations that material on other web sites to which this site is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world;
·IBF Australia does not authorize the infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material in other sites by linking this site to those other sites.
By entering this site you are deemed to have sighted, understood and accepted these conditions.
International Budo Federation
Henry Lewiston 1934 - 2009
1925 - 2009
Building a Better Martial Arts Community
Magazine articles etc
Photo's and videos of training days, competitions and other interesting events
What is Martial Arts
What is Kosen Judo
A place to give recognition (click on photo)
IBF Australia Members:
These are a list of members nationally, giving contact details and a link to their website
Our affiliates are autonomous entities that are goal specific
IBF International friends:
These are officials of other countries who have a close working relationship with us here in Australia.
The International Budo Federation was established in Europe over 50 years ago. Australia in the early 1970's became a part of that global organization under leadership by Peter Schuller. Nowadays the IBF Australia plays an important role in bringing together genuine martial artists from around the country to participate in competitions, training days or workshops and a global network. We also support many community fundraising events for the Cancer Council and Beyond Blue. Many of our members also take on their own community events. It is with pride that we also give recognition to those pioneers before us who made a difference and who's legacy continues in students and martial arts communities still going to this day.
Kyoshi Terry Riches and Shihan Kym Reid have established a very unique and vast community of great martial artists, all supporting good events and causes. It is not for profit in structure and holds pride in maintaining the Budo Charter, actively supporting it's members with gradings, competitions, and introductions. It is seen as a peer group to many other organizations and new competitions and state communities are still developing with a focus more on active participation rather than ranks and titles. While groups come and go, only the IBF Australia can say it is the longest standing multi-style organization committed to "Building a Better Martial Arts Community" Why don't you consider the benefits for your club and students.
Jan De Jong
1921 - 2003
1920 - 1985
The IBF Australia website needed an update to fit with new technologies to help the public to navigate on their phones and tablets. This works in with our goals to bring members to the fore when people are researching to find one of the better martial arts club at which to train. Also the new domain defines us as the "Australian" arm of the global IBF community. This current website will eventually close so please save the link to our new website at www.ibfaustralia.com
Messages can be directed through the contact form as the ibf.com.au email links disappear.